Pre-doc position in theoretical computer science
PRE-DOC POSITION IN THEORETICAL COMPUTER SCIENCE (VIENNA) at the Vienna University of Technology
You should have a master degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent, and you should be interested in the theoretical aspects of computer science. You are expected to write a PhD thesis in the area of constraint satisfaction problems.
To find out more about the area, look up topics like
– Schaefer’s dichotomy theorem
– clones and co-clones (universal algebra, not Dolly)
– computational complexity
Moreover, you should be fluent in English. Some knowledge of German will be useful since you will be living in Vienna, Austria, but is no requirement. You don’t have to be a software engineer, but you should have programming skills to implement algorithms and to use the computer as a research tool.
Salary for a 30h/week employment: EUR 27.000,- pre-tax per year
Duration: initially 1 year, up to a total of 3 years
Application deadline: October 31, 2013
Start of position: November 2013 or later
Send inquiries and your application to Gernot Salzer, ta.cigolnull@rezlas .
The application should consist of
– curriculum vitae
– scan of graduation diploma and other relevant certificates
– letter of motivation (Why do you want to do a PhD? Why in this area? Why at TU Wien?)
– recommendation letters or references (optional)
– list of publications (optional)